Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pop Singer Malkit Singh bestowed with "Most Excellent Order of the British Empire" by British Government.


Bhangra King, Pop Singer Malkit Singh honored with "Most Excellent Order of the British Empire" (MBE) - by British Government. Malkit Singh is most famous for the songs "Guru Nalo Ishq Mita", "Tootak Tootak Tootiyan", "Kurri Garam Jayee", as well as "Chal Hun". Whilst "Jind Mahi" features in the blockbuster Bend It Like Beckham soundtrack. He cities The Stone Roses and the 80's Manchester music scene as one of his early influences. The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is a British order of chivalry established on 4th June 1917 by King George V. Queen Elizabeth II will present this award at a spectacular ceremony with exclusive gathering. On the occasion of New Year Malkit Singh performed at Central London recently, he said during a telephonic conversation that "I am very much blessed with this honor, this honor is not only to me, but it's an honor to my entire community moreover to country India and I am feeling like I am on the moon". Actress- Singer Kelly Minog is also sharing OBE Award with Famous Sri Lankan BBC Broadcaster Georg Alagia for her struggle which inspired many Cancer Patients across the world to fight with deadly disease Cancer. Recent he get the 11th Rajiv Gandhi award for Global Indian by film Sing is Kinng's Producer Vipul Sah. Malkit Singh said, "Few days back when I was receiving the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire award from Queen I felt of say the Jai Kara "Jo Bole So Nihal" but being only sikh in that award ceremony so I was not able to do that but now I am in my country with our people so I can proudly say "Jo Bole So Nihal" and thousands of people in front of him give him reply very loudly say "Sat Sri Akaal" then he said this is my actual award he also sang his popular song "Tutak tutak tutiya hai jamalo".

No comments: